
Today my head speaks but I don’t understand it, and my mind says things that make no sense. And my heart and soul just sit stubbornly to the side, refusing to apologize and refusing to say what they did wrong.
Today I dreamt of people again. People in black cloaks and black masks, like a dress-up for a midnight masquerade that nobody knows about. Dancing like forever, and passion like the sun, but then I sighed and they were gone; leaving me ghosts of kissed secrets and the whisper of fingers down my back. Surprisingly, it hurt.
Today I need to pack a bag and hop on a plane, just so I can whisper that much closer to the sky, so it will hear me better. I need to see the skeleton coast in the dreaming white desert. I need to see the ghosts of ships at sea and lovers lost, because then maybe I’ll understand.
Today I want to touch the sky before it falls down on me.
Make it stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment