
I like you like this, you know?
When you come up closer than close and don't apologize for it.
When you leave me notes in the margins of books I read.
When you take me dancing until I forget myself.
When you don't ask questions because everyone else already has.
When you simply exist for loving me. I'm selfish, I know.
They throw all these values at us
that we're supposed to follow through to the dot.
Toe the line. Follow the rules. Ignore your instinct. Be unhappy.
But I still wonder what and who gets to decide these things.
I need a whole new reality. Morality bites like nothing else can.
And it has been so long. And I don't want to be like this.
It's scary the way we love each other.
Like we might disappear any second. Like something might happen.
Like the world might end. Like you might forget me.
I am so tired of the waiting. Tired of watching them pass by all the time.
Tired of not looking because it is wrong. Tired of morality and values and assumptions.
Hello. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment