I am immune to waking up so late it's early.
Same as I am immune to grandfathers procrastinating and telling their fathers to come for them soon,
same as I am immune to lovers passing me by on the streets, same as I am immune to time and corners and quietness.
Same as I am immune to people who are mean on purpose, and the people who are lucky enough to have loved and lost.
I am immune to people who don't like me.
I am immune to people who hate for a living, and people who think there is nothing better.
And I am immune to lovers. Did I mention that?
I am not immune to seeing ghosts and sweeping dreams at night so late it's morning.
I am not immune to grandmothers who fell in love with those grandfathers
thinking they would give them the world and never getting it.
I am not immune to love so dense it breaks hearts,
same as I am not immune to mistakes and open spaces and noisesomeness.
I am not immune to the reason behind the lies, and the choice of infidelity.
I am not immune to downsides and conscious choices for the worst.
I am not immune to masks, and people who search but don't really know what they're looking for.
And I am not immune to lovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment