Saturday, May 8, 2010

perhaps.


Lay down when I say
And love when I say
And cry when I say
Will you too, die when I say?
And will I lay myself down beside
Follow you into dreams?

The sky is a dome someone hung
To keep us from better things
And if the sky were mine in soul to keep
I would paint colours beyond the rainbow
Glorious and unspeakable
Great and beautiful forthwith.

I say dreams are heaven-sent
And I say dreaming is faith and hope.

Mountains are
but dragons who slumber
And come the end of time
At the call of the creator
Will wake to devour the remains of a world
Eaten away by pain and bitterness.

Come now the river-roads
Come now the seas
In little boats of hope
We shall sail across the endlessness of forever
And yet overcome
All the troubles of the heart

I half-remember
The warmth of a lover’s touch
In some long-forgotten dream

I smile
You tuck me neatly under your chin
And we fit together perfectly
Halves of a forgotten whole
Oh the jaded Queen and King of hearts
Dreaming led us thence
And by dreaming thence
Did come the strength of forever

Maybe once I loved you
You who were bitter and coarse
And maybe once I believed in you
You who saw so many things
And loved what was best and true

Cars and seaside longing
And roads that lead back home
Where I secretly do not want to be
But home is where the heart is, they say
Forever itself would not contain my dreaming.

Maybe you’ll be light in the city dark
And maybe I’ll be seashells in the sea
Maybe we’ll hear the music
And so come thence to pass

We would sleep like children, I know
And fill the nights with mutual dreams of another place
Where the sky would be green as grass
And the rain would be colour glow
And river-roads spill across eternity
Tracing the paths of human hope

Maybe we’ll lose each other to the world
And maybe we’ll break our hearts
Oh, countless times
Maybe we’ll wander far searching
And maybe
We’ll find ourselves where we least expect it

Then, perhaps one fine day in a faraway place
We’ll meet again and so remember
What we used to be

You’d smile, I know
And then we’d spin entire worlds
Out of the sugarsweet joy of candy floss
And the golden strength of the sun
And the full-silver of the dreaming moon
All the secret wishings of stars
And all the colour of the rainbow

If only you could see all the things I saw
And hear all the things I heard. but



Ah!
To love is to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment