Monday, September 27, 2010

the puddle philosopher.



What if time stopped and we found out that it never really mattered?
What if it rained forever and puddles were pathways to entire worlds only children dream about? 
What if I hopped on the next bus/train/plane to wherever and never told anyone until the (eventual) return?
What if selfishness isn't all we made it out to be? What if it was?
What if I never saw the lights in the sky: or the bottom of the ocean: or the greening sun at midnight?
What if halfway around the world was just an excuse for being closer?
What if I never come back: once I leave for flying and grounding: and looking fast and far?
What if: above all: I disregarded everything that told me otherwise? 

What if I lose myself: in the best possible way?
What if: amongst fire and water and sky and blood and people I never knew: I find solidarity?
What if one day we stop dying all our noisesome deaths and find out the only thing left is to live?
What if I sailed around the world a thousand times: and a thousand times more?
What if I spent the rest of my life on winter islands where the sun never goes away?
What if love was always: always enough?

I lose my dreaming heart to sea and sun and sky: like lions who were once men and star-lovers who drown in whist and wanderum.


No comments:

Post a Comment