I love you horribly and terribly: with a horrible and terrible love I did not know before. I love you fearfully, like the heathen priest who goes to die for his god at dawn, or as the stranded fish loves the limpid stone pool from which he cannot escape. I love you devastatingly, as the buildings of all the great empires which ever stood and fell and became the dark earth under their feet, as the willing volunteer from the crowd loves the magician who will spirit them away, as the bull who goes to slaughter at great religious festivals of sacrifice loves the blade.
I love you beautifully, like the sun loves the sky, bower of all beauty that is and was. I love you with a love that is soundless and screaming, full of all the nothingness that every soul has never said. I love you disappearingly and fastidiously and condescendingly, because you are a ghost who will eventually fade into dreams and be nothing, product of a nothing-love. I love you darkly and impatiently, with red mouth and red eyes and red, red hands, and you give me the same nonconformity in turn.
I love you angrily, with the hot and sallow anger of irksome youth, red wax down our throats and chins, flames spouting from our heads: we are become candles. I love you harshly and punishingly, with a slow, silent anger and wild, ubiquitous rages, as the lover loves the cheating spouse, fast and fleeting; and you love me the same. I love you tragically and bitterly, dying and mundane, unspeakably and horrendously, like something disgustingly beautiful and wet and raw washed up on the beach. But most of all I love you honestly, with an honest and impatient love. We are young but we will die: we will live forever.
I love you angrily, with the hot and sallow anger of irksome youth, red wax down our throats and chins, flames spouting from our heads: we are become candles. I love you harshly and punishingly, with a slow, silent anger and wild, ubiquitous rages, as the lover loves the cheating spouse, fast and fleeting; and you love me the same. I love you tragically and bitterly, dying and mundane, unspeakably and horrendously, like something disgustingly beautiful and wet and raw washed up on the beach. But most of all I love you honestly, with an honest and impatient love. We are young but we will die: we will live forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment