Saturday, May 8, 2010

wishing well.


If I were a child, and dreamed all day,
I’d dream the sky was green
And the birds that would fly across
The hugest you’d ever seen

If I were pirate out of Western Wild,
I’d sail all night and day
I’d bring back gems and gold galore
Riches upon the fray

If I were Tree, the living being,
Fair dryad I would be
And ever running wild I’d cross
Green forest and sundered sea

If I were Dragon, terrible and strong,
Forever I’d dance in the sky
I’d sing the water down for the storm
So my strength may never die

If I were Rose, that red heart-child,
I’d sing now all for love
I’d find fast friend in busy bee
Hiding deep in honey-trove

If I were Star, and shone all night
Above the Sundered Sea
Verily I’d shine, a light so bright
For all dreamers under me

If I were Wind, now wild and free,
I’d wander my life away
Maketh music of the rocks and seas
And set the trees asway

Still I am that child who dreamt
Who dreamt the sky was green
I saw the birds that flew across
The hugest you’d ever seen

By and by that dream came true
The birds fell from the sky
Who now will come to sing for me
So my heart may never die?

A hundred thousand things and more
Of which I’d love to see
I dream the wildsome dreams of yore
Where my heart will ever be

No comments:

Post a Comment